Surigao Islands Minded Heart
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Asia Destinations

TOPIC: Siargao Night Light

Siargao Night Light 7 years 8 months ago #1177

• phlyn
  • Elite Member

Siargao ’Night Light’. Part 3 of my Siargao time lapse trilogy. (Watch in HD please!)
This time lapseThis time lapse movie (made of photos) shows the beauty of lightning shot at Siargao. It starts with my favourite Milky Way shot at Cloud 9 and then shows a couple of lightning storms shot at Siargao and Guyam island. My pride is the shot where you see the Milky Way with the lightning storm. Capturing the Milky Way isn’t easy by itself, capturing lightning maybe even harder, but capturing both at the same time is a challenge like no other. First of all because you can only shoot the milky during a few weeks a year, having lightning at that time takes a lot of luck. But the main problem (rain is another) is the extreme difference in lighting, the milky way being really dark and the lightning being really light (long exposure at high iso vs short exposure at low iso). So one will likely be completely over- or underexposed. Here I had the lightning storm at the perfect distance, hanging in the same location for hours. One of those rare moments where everything is just right, me being at the right place and the right time. I could not have been happier!
siar
Beginning of 2016 I started my photography trip around the world, traveling to hopefully all continents in the next years. I started in the Philippines and the second month already I found myself in a paradise island named Siargao, with gorgeous islands, perfect Milky Way views, crazy lightning storms etc. All the kinds of stuff I love to photograph and so I decided to stay here for the rest of the year to sharpen my skills while enjoying island life and Siargao's natural beauty. Over the first few months I've been focusing on doing time lapses, shooting over a hundred scenes (tens of thousands of photos) at and around Siargao. My time lapse trilogy is dedicated to the islands, the Milky Way views and incredible lightning storms.

Shot with a Nikon D800 (28-300 & 14-24) and Sony RX100iv. Edited with Photoshop, Lightroom, LRTimelapse and After Effects. Photopills app used for planning, QdslrDashboard app for doing time lapses.
Music by Simon Wilkinson, thebluemask.com

Website travelimagez.com
Facebook.com/travelimagez
Instagram @travelimagez

Photography Siargao | Long Exposure Shot | Siargao Island Milkyway
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by phlyn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

HOT TOURS