P264.1 million Siargao Island Airport Upgrade
Gov't to spend P9.1-B to upgrade 31 airports
MANILA - The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) is planning to spend P9.1 billion in 2016 to upgrade 31 international and domestic airports in the country.
House Deputy Minority Leader and LPG-MA Rep. Arnel Ty said bulk of DOTC's 2016 budget for airport development projects will go to Panglao International Airport (P2.136 billion); Clark International Airport (P2.093 billion); and Naga Airport (P1.002 billion).
"Some of the money will be for new construction and facilities, and some for continuing projects," Ty said.
The remaining funds will be allocated to upgrade the following airports:
· Bicol International Airport - P747.4 million
· Sanga-Sanga Airport - P577.7 million
· Siargao Airport - P264.1 million
· Calbayog Airport - P203.6 million
· Cauayan Airport - P198 million
· Tuguegarao Airport - P194.6 million
· San Jose Airport - P185.7 million
· Zamboanga International Airport - P160.1 million
· Roxas Airport - P95.4 million
· Puerto Princesa International Airport - P68.1 million
· Cotabato Airport - P51.5 million
· Siquijor Airport - P40.8 million
· San Vicente Airport - P34 million
· Basco Airport - P33.2 million
· Virac Airport - P32.6 million
· Dipolog Airport - P25.4 million
· Ozamiz Airport - P20 million
· Laoag International Airport - P13.5 million
· Bagabag Airport - P11.8 million
· Antique Airport - P10 million
· Taytay Airport - P8.8 million
· Butuan Airport - P2.0 million
The DOTC is spending another P700 million for "consultancy payments" for public-private partnership projects at the Davao International Airport, Iloilo International Airport, Bacolod International Airport, Laguindingan International Airport, and Panglao International Airport.
Another P100 million will be spent for new communications and navigational surveillance as well as air traffic management systems, plus P25 million for the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Redevelopment, Improvement and Capacity Expansion project.